The John Hart Hunter Educational Foundation, Inc.
In 1989, a group of Kaps formulated an idea and plan for the Foundation whose goal was to strengthen the Kappa Alpha Society by funding scholarships, educational programs, and improvements to Kap lodges that would support the educational and intellectual objectives of the Society on each chapter campus.
On March 10, 1994, the Foundation’s first step in its mission was realized when they were granted the status as a not-for-profit, charitable organization.
The Foundation’s mission is:
- Undergraduate Education
- Development of Leadership Skills
- Scholarship and Academic Achievement
- Endowment of Funding Educational Resources
- Preservation of Kappa Alpha Society Archives
- Development and Distribution of the John Hart Hunter Educational Journal
- Prudently invest some Funds in Chapters for Capital Improvement
Each year, The Kappa Alpha Society grants at least 2-3 Kaps per chapter a scholarship to help fund their school tuition.
The Kappa Alpha Society is constantly seeking opportunities to enrich the academic betterment of our members. Become a Kap, apply for the scholarship, and reap one of the many undergraduate benefit.